Monday 9 January 2012

Welcome


Hello

My name is Simone.  I have never written a blog before - although I follow several.  I really have no idea what I’m doing.  But below are some thoughts on what has started me on this journey and what I hope to share with you. 

I'm an old fashioned kind of girl I married and settled down young, by today’s standards.  I am a stay at home Mummy to two little girls, Hero & Lois.  Money is very tight - as it is for many families - but am fortunate to have a husband who supports me in this.  I miss my work as a counsellor to teenagers but I wouldn't change being at home with my girls for these precious early years, it's a real privilege.

Inspired by some beautiful blogs, my love of craft, vintage and being thrifty I've decided to start my own blog & set myself a challenge.  To be as frugal as possible in 2012 in an attempt to actually be able to save money again.  I am not terrible with money I’m not great, but I’m not terrible.  I do like pretty things.  Since having our daughter almost 4 years ago and moving into our first house we've struggled  to keep on top of our finances, there always seems to be something that needs fixing, replacing, someone who needs new shoes or a coat etc. etc. I'm sure many of know what I’m talking about.

My hope is that through writing this blog I will be encouraged to do this year with integrity & that it will keep me on the path when times are tough.  I also hope to share the things I love, I try to live simply and find joy in simple pleasures.  I love to sew and bake with my girls.  We have an allotment and I’ve set myself the challenge of learning to knit this year - plenty to keep me busy & provide some interesting posts.  

Well I think that about sums it up, I very much hope someone will enjoy reading my entries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment